[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #81

>From: Cynthia Powers <cyn at metronet_com>
>Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 15:20:52 -0500 (CDT)
>Subject: Clown loaches and cory cats

I think tere is no problem in keeping clown loach and corys together.
I keep two clown loaches together with five C. reticulatus in a 80 l (20
gal?) tank
and there are no problems between them. The clowns like to hide in their
coconut and the
corys prefer to spend the day under the plants. So everything looks
peacefull during the day but dont
ask me what goes on during the night ;-) . Altough the corys seem to be more
quiet during feeding
they must get their part or they are able to live without feed for more than
one year!
Do not expect that the loach will eat all of your snails they will only keep
something like a biological
balance between themselves and the snails . this depend where the snail live
 if you have got those that live in the substrate the loaches will get very
few of them.
For other snails there is a good chance to get rid of them.

Patrick Aldag
email: aldag at tzv_fal.de