[Prev][Next][Index]

Plant mix up

> >I saw something interesting today . . .  imagine Bolbitis with
> > Java moss instead of solid fronds.  It looks like it attaches

> Sounds like it might be Bolbitis Windelxv, which was developed b
> plants in Denmark. The Windelxv variety has solid Java-moss-like
> ending in "frillies". I'm not sure if they have it up on their h
> yet but the home page is worth looking at anyway.

I think you're confusing three different plants:

Bolbitis heudelotti - An African fern
Vesicularia dubyana - Java Moss, a fibrous, non-rooted plant
Microsorum pteropus 'Windelov' - A variant of normal Java Fern
developed by Tropica in Denmark

You _are_ correct that the Tropica web page is certainly worth a
look.  When they have finished filling in their plant list (they
will have photos, descriptions, cultural information and habitat
information on each species) it will be one of the most
comprehensive guides to aquarium plants available in the English
language.

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Assoc.
Boston, MA