[Prev][Next][Index]

Reducing the water lily population

---Forwarded Message--------------
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 1996 16:42:06 -0700
From: Andrew Kubersky <asky at sirius_com>
Subject: water lillies

I am consulting to a fishing lodge in a remote and rugged area of
Northern California. The people have no phone and no electricity.
Although the subjects I consult to these people are totally unrelated,
(food and fly fishing and PR) they have asked me to explore how they can
best reduce the amount of the lillies in their 10 acre lake.

This is a pristine area and they do not want to entertain the use of
poisons --- especially ones that could harm the wild rainbow trout
population and significant amphibian popluation.

Can you help me on this?

ps: last week the fellow cut some of the stems so that it would be
easier to get access to the lake proper. He used no gloves and broke out
in mosquito bite looking bumps.  Could these leaves and stalks have
caused such a reaction?