[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Adding N

On Fri, 28 Jun 1996 15:39:05 -0400,
>Is safe dosing with an ammonia fertilizer possible?

I have added (NH4)3SO4  (ammonium sulphate, almost 30%N by weight) to
my tank in VERY small quantities with splendid results (plants MUCH
greener, growth appears strengthened).  Tank is pretty full of plants
so the growth is not very fast.   I used 5 crystals (about .25-.3???
gm) in 200L (50 gal).   It is unbelievably cheap (just like me, a 20#
sack costs maybe $3).   One warning:  one time I did not predissolve
the crystals and the next day I took a dead farlowella off the
surface.   Darn!   Dave

Dave Gomberg, Experimenta      San Francisco CA USA   gomberg at wcf_com