[Prev][Next][Index]

Swords without soil

On Tue, 25 Jun 1996 03:39:02 -0400, Karen Randall wrote:

> Sounds like the peat is serving the same
>purpose as my potting soil (which, of course, contains a lot of
>peat)  Anyone out there growing Swords in hard water?  Anyone have
>them doing well without soil or peat?

Swords are the plant that does best for me.  I have a heavily stocked
tank with 2" aquarium coarse gravel over a ugf with powerhead.  There
is A LOT OF MULM in the sand.  Every sword I have tried has done well
except those that are so short they get badly shaded by the monsters
dominating the tank.  I have taken close to 100 baby plants out of
this tank and several "adult" size ones.    Dave

Dave Gomberg, Experimenta      San Francisco CA USA   gomberg at wcf_com