[Prev][Next][Index]

laterite in Oz

>Duplarit is collected in Sri Lanka.  The Aussie connection is that
>they have banned importation of Sri Lankan laterite...ie, Duplarit
>ain't available there.

This is not quite true. You cannot buy the same laterite in Australia as
elsewhere in the world. Dupla actually gets the laterites from the northern
part of Queensland and markets that here as laterite. When you buy laterite
here there is a little label inside telling you that it is not from Sri
Lanka and it also states that the local Queensland stuff is of a much better
quality (Sweeping statement since I have nothing to compare it with!!) I
have used and am using Dupla laterite here in Aus with good results.

Andrew