[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Back to Wonder Water

<Excuse me if someone else has already suggested this - I lost part of the
thread>

It just occurred to me that the "magic" ingredient to your "Wonder Water"
might just be - carbon dioxide!  Some of the water sources in my area come
out of the tap saturated (maybe even supersaturated) with CO2, with a low pH
that rapidly rises upon standing.  The string-of-pearl bubbling simply means
that the plants are currently producing more CO2 than the water can hold;
thus, you'll see more bubbling immediately after a water change, when the
water is already saturated.

I imagine any other dissolved gas (including nitrogen and oxygen) may yield
similar results, assuming that a given volume of water can only hold so much
dissolved gas, regardless of what gas it is.

jim