[Prev][Next][Index]

Nutrient Deficient?

Hello,
	Recently I have been starving the plants in my tank in an attempt
to control a hair algae outbreak. The plants seemed to have enough stored
up for a few days but in the last couple of days I have noticed some
changes. The leaves on some of my bunch plants have developed (or grown
in with, I can't tell if its one or both) some very translucent spots.
The spots look like hundreds of little tiny bruises.
	The question is: Is this a sign of nutrient deficency? The NO3
levels in the tank have been near 0 for the last couple of months, the
PO4 has been 0 for the last 2 weeks and I have not added any micro or
macro nutrient supplements for about 3 weeks. The swords look fine as do
the other plants (barclaya, lilly, crypts, lileopsis, hygrophila,
etc...). I have been changing the water with ddH20 and have only been
hardening the water a little bit (4 KH) but not adding and other
chemicals. The pH is 6.7, temp 78.

	Thanks.

(I would have looked in the Krib but it is down... If anyone has the list
of plant nutrient deficiencies and symptoms, please email it to me! Thanks.)

					Alok