[Prev][Next][Index]

Wonder Water?

> Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 21:05:55 -0700
> From: rbil at island_net
>
> Some of you have suggested that I'm simply seeing bubbles that were
> carried in with the new water. But I know this is photosynthesis
> taking place. It's highly unlikely that air in the new water would
> stream out of particular areas of leaves (like areas with wounds).

In a supersaturated solution, bubbles will form in areas of fine
structure like cracks or breaks in the leaves.  Better quality
champagne have minor defects added to the bottom of the flute to make
sure the tiny bubbles form in interesting patterns.

One way to tell if this is photosynthesis or just trapped gas escaping
is to change water with the lights off.  No light, no photosynthesis!
If there are no bubbles when you do this, then you may just have
Wonder Water and should consider bottling it for the rest of us.

George in Hot and Dry Colorado