[Prev][Next][Index]

Too many good snails?

With all the talk lately of Malaysian Trumpet snails, I took a torch to my
tank last night and found them carpeting my substrate. Tiny ones to large
3/4" long ones. All of them the progeny of two snails Dave Gomberg gave me
not too long ago.

Now I wonder if having so many snails can be too much of a good thing. I'm
thinking of their extra bioload (since added up, they may exceed my fish
load) and even the risk that they might die off en masse without our
knowing about it. Any thoughts?

Besides loaches, what other "natural" means of control are there?

Greg. Tong
San Francisco, CA, USA
gtong at sirius_com

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."