[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #3

> From: nfrank at nando_net (Neil Frank)
> >From: fidder at bighorn_dr.att.com
> >Subject: PMDD observation

> >I have been experimenting with PMDD mixtures on my 180 show tank
>
> [snip]
>
> >I have currently been using supplies from the local garden shops so the
> >mixture I have been playing with looks like:
> >	* 2 tbs cleated iron miture (11%)
> >	* 1 tbs mg (epsom salts)
> >	* 2 tbs potash (K20)
> >	* 1 tbs Ammonium Sulfate
> >	* 250ml water -- I use the old $90 dupla drops bottle :-)
> >I add about 20 drops every morning to the 180.

This is sort of a curious concoction.  If you are actually adding K2O,
you are adding an extremely strong base to a solution with ammonium
sulfate in it.  The ammonium ions should be essentially quantitatively
converted into ammonia, and the ammonia may be lost.  Did you notice any
sort of ammoniacal odor from the mixture when you mixed it up?

Craig