[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #121

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996 03:39:02 -0400, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
wrote:

>Yes, I'm aware that I could go out and get everything for a more
>professional setup (canister, regulator, valves) for about the same
>money

Here is my current easy way out:

I bought a tank ($60 or so).  I ran a piece of tubing up the center
of the threaded outlet on the shutoff valve, reduced that to airhose
size, and ran it into an upside-down 2L coke bottle with the top cut
off (DIY reactor).  Twice a day (just before lights go on) I fill the
reactor.  CO2 weighs 2g/l (44MW).  I use about a liter twice a day,
4g/day, 100 days per pound, 2000 days per tank!   I am going to go to
a continuous feed (regulator) soon because I added 3 more tanks to
raise plants.

Dave Gomberg, Experimenta      San Francisco CA USA   gomberg at wcf_com