[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: CO2/H2CO3 equilibrium

Paul Sears writes:
>	Right on!  I think I should point out, though, that the reaction of
>CO2 with water to give H2CO3 is considered slow by chemists, because it
>takes seconds.  Many of the other reactions that interest us are orders of
>magnitude faster. [...]
Good points, Paul.  I know that I sometimes assume that everyone else knows
this stuff already.  Back in my grad school days we (the Inorganic Chemists)
had a standing joke that a slow reaction was one that you didn't have to be a
femtosecond-pulsed-laser-jock (ie. a Physical Chemist)<G> to study the
kinetics.

Bill