[Prev][Next][Index]

Ammonium Thanks

Thanks all for the chemistry lesson and observations!

I don't keep discus but I do keep goldfish. On the Goldfish List, many of
us maintain base water where ammonia is potentially more of a problem. The
relationship of ammonia/ammonium to water temp is also interesting to me
because we tend to have more problems with goldfish in the summer months
when the tank temp rises. If the filter were already "saturated," then
faster metabolic activity in the fish plus an increase in the rate of
ammonia to ammonium could cause more stress on the fish.

Greg. Tong
San Francisco, CA, USA
gtong at sirius_com

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."