[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Iron Test Kits

> From: Jack Blumenthal <blumenth at penny_net>
> Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 13:45:05 -0400
>
> On the subject of kits - is the Lamotte iron test kit the best kit for
> our purposes?  How about ammonia and hardness kits?  I'm on the verge
> of ordering but have'nt the remotest on which will do a better job!
> Can some of our people with experience in this area voice an opinion?

I've used Tetra, Dupla and Lamotte test kits and prefer the Lamotte by
far.  The initial cost is more usually due to the color comparator,
but refills are very cheap.

Having said that, I still prefer the Tetra KH and GH test kits for
hardness.  The KH kit agrees better with theoretical values obtained
with CO2 and pH readings and published KH/pH/CO2 charts than does the
Lamotte alkalinity test kit.

George