[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #74

On Wed, 15 May 1996 15:39:03 -0400
>From: PacNeil at aol_com
>Would Glauconite greensand be a useful
>addition to the substrate of a planted aquarium? How much, as a percentage of
>the "soil" substrate? Are there any risks or noted side effects in using
>greensand?

Risks, I dunno.  I used about 2.5# in a ten gallon (with .4# laterite
and 2.5" coarse aquarium gravel).   It is a sword plantlet growout
tank.   It is doing well.  It did have a serious bloom of green water
and bg algae in the beginning, but short-lived.  The afternoon nap
for the lights seems to be very hard on the bg algae.   Thanks to
whoever mentioned it.

Dave Gomberg, Experimenta      San Francisco CA USA   gomberg at wcf_com