[Prev][Next][Index]

Plant identification

Hi everyone,

I started my tank a few months ago, and since then I've bought plants here
and there, but no one at the stores can give me proper names nor scientific
names for the plants they sell.
There are two that I couldn't identify from the books I have.  One of them
was sold to me as Dragon plant.  The leaves are shaped and colored just like
Java Fern (sometimes I mistake the two), but the undersides are bright
purple, much like the color of red cabbage.  So far, they grow with only one
leaf per stem.

Another plant was sold to me as Arrow Head, but it looks nothing like the
arrowhead in B&R Vol.1.  The leaves are shaped like Lotus lily, but not as
free-flowing; the stalks are more bunched up like celery, and there are
about 15 on that plant.  The leaves are  white in the centre, bordered with
light green.

The last one I suspect is Loosestrife.  It is light green, and the first
leaves on top are light pink.  I might not be providing enough iron for the
leaves to be red like described in my book.
I know my descriptions aren't too  scientific, so if you want more details,
I'd be glad to give them.
TIA,
Christelle