[Prev][Next][Index]

Fw: V2 #31 DUPLA cable

Comment To:  GAMPOW at aol_com

Please bear in mind that the cables do not require 24vac unless there is a need
for Maximum Heating Speed.
I use a multi-tapped Mains Transformer {24v,18v,15v,12v} with a 24hr timer to
maintain temperature and Gravel Circulation.As an example;a 6' tank was
stripped after 4yrs with little anaerobic conditions of note(gravel was up to 6" in
parts)

A hassle I have with UGC's is that the roots of the more "aggressive" plants tend
to wrap around the cable making the removal of the plant a nuisance.I am about
to experiment with placing a polycarbonate sheet from edge to edge above the
cable + clean 4mm gravel.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Eng Chuah  ANGFA{Qld}   Australia
{Where I am going Fishing  and the world can wait}