[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: nematodes

Severe nematode infections on terrestrial plants can be seen as roots
that end in swollen, almost club shaped tips.  I have seen these symptoms
only on plants (tomatoes) that were puprosely infected in the lab, but have
not obsevered them elsewhere and not in my  aquariums.  I agree with Paul
Krombholtz that it is unlikely that terrestrial parasites (specialized
for particular host species) could be a problem in aquatic plants, but i
suppose it can't be ruled out, especially if the soil is removed from a
wet area.

paul bucciaglia