[Prev][Next][Index]

Well Water

We're moving out of our current shoebox into an old farmhouse in less than
two weeks.  The good news is I'll have room for all the tanks I want.  The
bad news, perhaps, is that we will have well water.  I know (from looking
at the stains it produces) that it is LOADED with minerals.  The university
will test the well water for bacteria, phosphates, nitrates, copper, iron,
TDS, pretty much whatever I could want.  They will, however, charge $15 for
each of these tests.  Given that I'm a graduate student (not wealthy), what
tests would you folk think are absolutely necessary?  I have some of the
standard fishkeeping test kits (pH, ammonia, nitrites, DH, KH).