[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: sterilizing soil =>useful netiquette

krombhol at felix_TECLink.Net (Paul Krombholz)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 19:21:29 wrote:
> Stephen.Pushak at saudan_HAC.COM Date: Fri, 12 Apr 96 wrote
> >.....I can see that the chances of finding undesirable organisms
> >is much higher in manure than ordinary garden soil. Paul K.,
> >do you sterilize your manure if you add it for composting?
> >
> No, I never sterilize soil or composted soil-manure.[snip]
> That post on r.a.fw.plants, sounds like a good example of a 'little
> knowledge being a dangerous thing'.

I spent nearly half a day being mad after reading this because I thought
Steve was referring to a post that I had made to r.a.f.p.  I was angered
that he should have misrepresented me and I was hurt that Paul would
subsequently blithelydismiss my contribution to that newsgroup.  I had
drafted what I hoped would be a considered response to being so
non-decorously dissed and was about to send it to the APD when I decided
to look one more time through my spool of r.a.f.p. posts.  Luyckilyt I
found the actual post that gave rise to the above quoted exchange and was
releaved to find that it wasn't mine.  I could have avoided the anguish
and near embarassment of defending myself against a non-challenge if the
original citation from the newsgroup had been carried over to APD.
Because there is a large amount of overlap between the readers of and
contributors to APD and r.a.f.p., I would like to suggest that reference
to materials posted in either setting be properly attributed as I you
were responding to a post in the original forum.

David Wheeler

On the Stanford campus where the rain was in no small part responsible
for the formulation of this post.

~ David B. Wheeler             | Dept Mol/Cell Physiol    ~
~ dwheeler at leland_Stanford.EDU | Beckman Center B103      ~
~ voice 415.725.7564           | Stanford Medical Center  ~
~ FAX   415.725.8021           | Stanford, CA  94305-5426 ~