[Prev][Next][Index]

Co2 & fertilizer in new tank

From: Todd Smith <toddsmith at earthlink_net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 11:56:08 -0400

> After planting my new 75 how long should it run before adding Co2 and
> fertilizers? I'm starting it without fish and using laterite,heat
> cables wet-dry, and halides.

CO2, fertilizers, fast growing plants and algae eaters should be added
immediately after setting up a tank.  The plants will help stabilize
the tank and moderate the nitrogen cycle.  The CO2 and fertilizers
will help the plants get established. The algae eaters will prevent
any algae from getting a toe-hold.  Don't add any fishfood for a while
- force the algae eaters to do their job.

George