[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Seltzer for CO2 Source?

>From: User275806 at aol_com
>
>Is seltzer ( not club soda! ) a safe, easy, and effective way to add CO2 to a
>planted tank?  Thank you for any help.  Jeff

It should be relatively safe, as long as you can guarantee a constantly charged
seltzer source.

Given that you will need to continuously add CO2 to your seltzer to keep it
charged, or you will need to continuously replace the seltzer, I would consider
this option to be very high-maintenance and expensive, compared to yeast-based
CO2 generation or compressed CO2.

David W. Webb
Enterprise Computing Provisioning
Texas Instruments Inc. Dallas, TX USA
(214) 575-3443 (voice)  MSGID:       DAWB
(214) 575-4853 (fax)    Internet:    dwebb at ti_com
(214) 581-2380 (pager)  Text Pager:  pgr at ti_com Subj:PAGE:David Webb