[Prev][Next][Index]

Substrate Gold (Laterite)

>From: JOlson7647 at aol_com
>Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 03:12:46 -0400
>Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #5, Laterite

>Laterite is a soil type. It is not exclusively a tropical soil. There are
>lots of lateritic soils all over the world.  I cannot at this time
remember
>the source, but someone in the Minneapolis-St.Paul area in Minnesota
>manufactures and markets a very effective artificial "laterite."
Hopefully,
>some one else on the list can remember the address, etc.

The product that you are referring to is called "Substrate Gold".  It does
work very well.  I am using it on all my plant tanks with great success.

Karl Schoeler is the gentleman producing it.  He is active on this list so
I'm sure he's seen the thread and will probably respond to the original
poster.

John Stemper
cyberstr at cloudnet_com

P.S. Karl has also propagated more varieties of plants than just about
anybody else in the country, so he knows what he's talking about when it
comes to substrate additives and stuff.