[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #3

>From: wdunkirk <wdunkirk at ccip_com>
>Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 13:47:20 -0400
>Subject: ULOTHRIX
>
>WE ARE A WATER TREATMENT PLANT AND ARE HAVING SHORTER THAN NORMAL FILTER BED
>RUNS. HAVE FOUND ULOTHRIX IN OUR RAW WATER. LOOKING FOR INFO ON SAME.

My botany book (Raven, Evert, & Eichorn) says it is a filamentous algae
that is common in cold water streams and lakes.  It is normally attached by
a holdfast to stones or other objects.  If you are getting lots of it in
your intake water, then something must be causing it to detach.

Good luck!

Where students and faculty are suffering from spring fever!