[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #385

paul Bucciaglia writes:

>do you have any ideas on why many people (ie Dupla users) can get
>good results without additional N (other than fish food).

The German style aquariums tend to have few fish and hence little N or P
added thru fish food. One reason that the tanks may not have excess P and
become N limited can be their water. This is purely speculative. I believe
that my own tap water contains a ppm or so of N (not counting the ammonia
added to form chloramines) and non measureable P. This is according to the
water plant. ALthough I have asked Kevin and Paul, I have never asked may
water people about min detects.<g>
 With frequent water changes, it is possible to continue to add N and dilute P.

Neil Frank, TAG editor    Aquatic Gardeners Association    Raleigh, NC USA