[Prev][Next][Index]

re: MH Lights

David,

 >> I suppose this is what makes MH setup so expensive (plus the cost of
 >> fans and pendants).  I was also wondering if the commercial
 >> application bulbs (supposedly explosion-proof) are a better idea than
 >> the hardware store ones.   I couldn't find the color temperature for
 >> the bulbs on the packag

FWIW Grainger lists the bulbs at having a 3200-3700K rating.  BTW for the 250
and 400 watt ballast they have excellent prices.  Makes MH pretty reasonable if
you are handy at building things.  You can get parabolic reflectors off shop
lights for only a few dollars to direct the light.  A little time makes a lot
of light pretty cheap.

Doug Valverde 75051.160 at compuserve_com -or- dvalver at ibm_net