[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #381

>> UGF Heating Alternative

>>       To: "Aq. Plants List" <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
>>       Subject: UGF Heating Alternative
>>       From: Bob Woolley <macaw at tiac_net>
>>       Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 12:36:02 -0500

>> I was thinking about UGF and came up with the following: What about
>> putting a spaced coil of hard PVC tubing(say 1/8 inch diam) under
>> the substrate and pumping warm( or hot) water through it in a closed
>> loop system? Any thoughts on this??
>> --
Check out Aquarium Fish Magazine July 1995. There are complete plans in it
for a ugf using PVC a pump and a regular water heater. I built one and
eventually discontinued using it (and the yeast-based CO2 fertilisation)
because I got tired of trimming the plants! If you can't find the issue,
email me and I'll send you a photocopy of the article. Good stuff — and cheap.