[Prev][Next][Index]

No Subject

> [Prev][Next][Index]
>
> UGF Heating Alternative

>       To: "Aq. Plants List" <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
>       Subject: UGF Heating Alternative
>       From: Bob Woolley <macaw at tiac_net>
>       Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 12:36:02 -0500

> I was thinking about UGF and came up with the following: What about
> putting a spaced coil of hard PVC tubing(say 1/8 inch diam) under
> the substrate and pumping warm( or hot) water through it in a closed
> loop system? Any thoughts on this??
> --
> "A Bad Day Fishing Is Better Than A Good Day At Work"
> 10:  Macaw at tiac_net
> 20:  robert_s_woolley at ffn_mhv.net
> Web Page:  http://www.tiac.net/users/macaw

 Bob,
     I have this type of UGF system currently in operation,I had
used the pvc pipe idea from a magazine article  titled hot gravel.
    However instead of using a power head,I took a old impeller
  pump off a broken WHISPER outside filter,and glued in on
    the outside the heating container using silicone glue.
   Oddly enough I checked the temperature over the whole surface
 of the substrate,it was fairly consist temperature.Worth trying.