[Prev][Next][Index]

Subject: Dupla vs PMDD

>Pat Bowerman wrote:
>
>>      My own thoughts? Dupla is a trusted company, and there is l
>> that their products are good. However their prices, not just on
>> fertilizers but everything, border on highway robbery. I would v
>> guess that if the only way to grow aquatic plants was to follow
>> regimine to the letter, that there would be very few folks in th
>> because not too many people could afford it.
>
>I know George really doesn't need any help defending either
>himself or Dupla, But before you accuse Dupla too strongly of
>"highway robbery", have you _compared_ fertilizers on a dose for
>dose basis?  Are you really sure that Dupla's fertilizers are more
>expensive for what you get?  I'm not, and I _have_ done some
>comparison shopping.

Have you tried PMDD?  My total cost for a years supply is under
$40.00 Canadian....  This is for a 1900 liter setup dosed daily.

>There is also no reason that anyone needs to use _everything_ that

You do need to use three products to get a balance of trace elements...

>Dupla produces to be able to appreciate their products.  I don't
>use all their products because I can't afford them, but I
                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I also have used them and gave up because of the cost...

>certainly appreciate the R&D they have put into their total
>system.  I have seen far too many products on the market that have
>nothing more going for them but a testimonial from the developer
>saying, in essence, "it works for me!"<g>

This is where PMDD is a bit different.  Kevin & Paul want to find out if
they can be used effectivily to grow plants and control algae.  If they
work in most cases they will have created an important tool for the
hobby.  Nowhere have I seen anything that says PMDD are a finished,
polished product - what I have seen is a method to follow to get (if
Kevin & Paul are right) nice plants with little algae for a very reasonable
cost.

>> George, I appreciat
>> loyalty to a product and a method that works. Sometimes though,
>> overdone. Tell me that you have no financial or personal ties to
>> Dupla.
>
>_I_ can tell you George has no personal or financial ties to Dupla
>..(other than the fact that he has purchased some of their
>products)  J.P. Burleson is the sole U.S. distributor of Dupla
>products.

I for one have never thought that George has ties to Dupla other
than those of a happy user...

Happily trying PMDD here - results to follow in a couple of months,

Ed Tomlinson (tomlins at cam_org)
Montreal, Canada

Home of pppdial: http://www.cam.org/~tomlins/pppdial.html