[Prev][Next][Index]

Moving a Plant Tank

     I have to move a heavily planted (and right now, quite lovely) 50
     gallon acrylic tank.  Actually, I just have to switch it from one
     stand to another stand; it is not even leving the room.   My best
     guess now would be to remove all the fish to a holding tank (all the
     ones I can catch), drain most of the water, down to within a couple
     inches of the substrate, slide it onto a board (with the the help of
     several friends) and slide it onto the new stand.  Total amount of
     time spent in the drained state may be 12 hours.

     Does anyone have any novel ideas on how to do this with the least
     trauma?

     Bob_Hoesch at mail_fws.gov