[Prev][Next][Index]

Surgical Instruments

If you're interested in purchasing inexpensive surgical instruments to
follow Amano's teachings get a catalog from "Doctor's Foster and Smith" a
company owned and operated by practicing veterinarians.  800-562-7169.  They
have a few basic surgical instruments and medical scissors.  The mosquito
hemostat is 5 inches and is wonderful to reach into those tight places.
 They are tweezers with gripping ridges and lockable scissor handles.  The
scalpel is also 5 inches (I bought the larger scalpel blades) and has a
ridged grip area to ensure you don't cut yourself while cutting those tough
stems.  I'm not as happy with the olsen-hegar needle holder which is a
combination tweezer with gripping ridges and normal cutting scissors.  These
are not as delicate as the hemostat and the cutting part of the scissors is
tight and difficult to control.  The surgical scissors I will also return
because the end is very rounded.  It would be difficult to reach into a
thick patch and selectively cut certain stalks.  Amano's scissors are
pointed for this purpose.  For scissors, I will use the small sewing
scissors that are VERY sharp and fit easily in my hand.  Check you local
Wal-Mart or sewing store and ask for the really small Fiskar sewing
scissors.  You can also purchase a sharpener that fits perfectly and works
easily.
Good gardening!
Rochelle Williams
williaro at ftmcphsn-emh1_army.mil
In snowy Atlanta - Hey!  It's the second day of Spring,
  we're supposed to be warm by now!!