[Prev][Next][Index]

Gating to the newsgroup, & amending charter

>    *  Subject: gateway to the newsgroup
>    *  From: nfrank at nando_net (Neil Frank)
>    *  Date: Sat, 16 Mar 96 08:25:23 EST
>
> Shaji said:
> > * Enroll rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants to the Aquatic Plants Digest
> >   mailing list using an email->newsgroup re-director.

To give credit where it is due, this suggestion was David Webb's,
not mine. I really like it.

> This sounds like a great idea! It may be the best way to keep a
> different, more focused level of discussion going in the APD,
> satisfy those people who prefer to receive mail (or find it difficult
> to access the newgroup or don't enjoy sorting thru all the drivel),
> but still give the broader newsgroup audience a chance to see the APD.

Of all the alternatives discussed, setting up the gateway and at the
same time amending the charter asking folks to listen a while and look
up other sources of information before posting a question to the list
seem to have the most approval.  I'll therfore add this to the charter,
along with pointers to the Krib, FAQ, etc.

Stricter criteria may be required at some future time, but I'll let my
successor worry about that :-)

-Shaji