[Prev][Next][Index]

Reproducing Echinodorus horemani

> From: ac554 at freenet_carleton.ca (David Whittaker)
>
> Has anyone attempted to produce plantlets from E. horemani? The plant
> is several years old and has never produced plantlets or a flower
> stalk.

We've had to move and/or remove our Mother of All Horemanii's (MOAH)
three or four times.  If you cut a piece off the rhizome, you will
notice lots of bumps.  These bumps turn into plantlets if the rhizome
piece is placed on top of the gravel.  Once the plantlets have decent
roots, cut them off the rhizome and watch 'em grow.

The last time we trimmed the rhizome, the piece still in the gravel
must have panicked, because now there are three or four good size
plants growing from this same 8" long rhizome.

George