[Prev][Next][Index]

Maracide in planted tanks

>From: sryan at skypoint_com (S. Ryan)
>
>I am replying about medication in planted tanks. It's my first time and
>please e-mail me if I do it wrong. I reluctantly tried Maracide by Mardel
>Labs, because I was desperate. A trusted fish store employee recommended it
>as the safest ich med for planted tanks. I watched carefully and with much
>fear. Lo and behold, 5 days later the ich was gone and I swear the plants
>grew at greater than normal rate. I am not making this up and I was as
>surprised as you are! Anyone else have this experience?

I have also found that Maracide, used as directed, does not seem to harm plants
in any way.  I will point out however, that it does tend to stain the silicone
seals in the corners of a tank.

David W. Webb
Enterprise Computing Provisioning
Texas Instruments Inc. Dallas, TX USA
(214) 575-3443 (voice)  MSGID:       DAWB
(214) 575-4853 (fax)    Internet:    dwebb at ti_com
(214) 581-2380 (pager)  Text Pager:  pgr at ti_com Subj:PAGE:David Webb