[Prev][Next][Index]

Japanese Trap Door Snail

In an attempt to control algae, I recently purchased a snail for my Discus
community tank, pH ~6.8, Temp 84F.  The fish store said it was not an Apple
nor Ram snail, but believed it was a Japanese Trap Door snail.  It has a
slightly cone shaped dark shell (nothing like a Maylasian snail but slightly
protrudes on one side of the spiral) with slightly darker multiple stripes
that follow the spiral of the shell.  According to the Krib Web Page,
Mystery (Apple) snails were the best algae eaters of the ones they
mentioned.  The Ram snail being a voracious plant eater and not to get that
one.  Does anyone have experience with the Japanese Trap Door snail?
 ---
Rochelle Williams
williaro at ftmcphsn-emh1_army.mil
If Spring in the garden refuses to come,
                 then I'll just garden in my aquarium!