[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Potassium Chloride

>From: Roger Sieloff ISDH <sieloff at ideanet_doe.state.in.us>
>Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 21:02:28 -0600 (EST)
>Subject: Copper - my two cent's worth...

>A clever route around this is to use Potassium chloride,
>but this is not generally available to the public.

I thought that Potassium chloride (KCl) is the same as Potash. The latter
can be purchased cheaply in any gardening supply store. I purchased a bag
several years ago and have been using it ever since as a source of K for
feeding my plants. (1/2t per biweekly 20 gallon water change). It is not
research grade and contains impurities (< 1%), but I do not believe anything
to worry about.

I am not a chemist, so I may be making a faux pas here. <g>.

Any comments from the chemists on board? How does dissolved KCl interact
with Cu?

Neil Frank                 Aquatic Gardeners Association,  Raleigh NC