[Prev][Next][Index]

Aquatic Plant Books

 Subject: Re: Aquatic Plant books

> >There's more than three, I believe there are at least 5.  But t
> >English translations are slow to come.  Also, I believe that
> >volumes 3 and 4 are on marine species.  Is there are 3rd FW vol
> >available in English yet?  BTW, for the scope of the books, I
> >don't think they're expensive... they're no "coffee table"
> >books!<g>
>
> Yes -- the third volume is FW and available in English -- at lea
> Vancouver, B.C. it is. My local aquarium shop has it. I agree ab
> price, it's just that most people seem to want a book that's gre
> about $2.50. My problem is that I have volume 1 and I haven't ch
> how much is repeated from vol to vol. Can you tell me if everyth
> book is new or if there is a lot of duplication? If each book is
> new stuff I will buy them all.

As I've said, I haven't seen the 3rd volume, but the first two do
not contain any duplicate information.  Just be careful if you buy
the second volume that you check it thoroughly.  A bunch
(including my first copy) were bound with about 70 pages of German
text instead of the English!<g>  Tetra was very good about
promptly replacing these books, but check to be sure you don't get
one of the bad ones that's been sitting around for a while.