Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 17:39:58 -0500
From: Karen A Randall <krandall at world_std.com>
To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at ActWin_com
Subject: Palnt books and Ammano's Tanks

Subject: Aquatic Plants Books

> Karen posted:
>
> >By far the best single source for identfying aquarium plants a
> >the moment is the Baensch Atlas, vol. I & II.  They double as
> >excellent fish atlases as well.
> >
> Karen -- Did you know that there is now a Baensch Atlas, vol.III
> soon it'll be a whole encyclopedia! They are expensive but they
> presents for those into aquariums. Think I'll ask for III for my

There's more than three, I believe there are at least 5.  But the
English translations are slow to come.  Also, I believe that
volumes 3 and 4 are on marine species.  Is there are 3rd FW volume
available in English yet?  BTW, for the scope of the books, I
don't think they're expensive... they're no "coffee table"
books!<g>

 ------------------------------

Subject: Amano's Tanks

Franc Gorenc writes:

> I would really like to find some more info on his tanks if it wa
> available. Perhaps he is more elaborate in his second book ?? It
> really hard to speculate, with such limited information he offer

Thanks to a good friend, I have a copy of the second book.  The
photos, if anything, are even more beautiful, but the text is very
similar to the first.  There are short descriptions of each tank,
but not much about his techniques.

> As far as his pictures go....He is a professional photographer a
> has no doubt professional cameras such as Haselblaad and alike w
> cost around 10,000 dollars and we can only dream about....

And I bet he could _still_ take better pictures than most of us
with an Instamatic.<g>

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Assoc.
Boston, MA