Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 22:22:19 -0500 (EST)
From: Andrew Roberts <es051244 at Orion_YorkU.CA>
To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at ActWin_com
Subject: Longevity of DIY Heating Cables

I have read with much interest the articles on the Krib by Dan Resler and
Uwe Behle regaring DIY substrate heating cables.  I work as a CAD operator
in an electrical engineering firm, and my colleagues all say that the
inslulation on normal wire will quickly break down  (mind you, these folks
are all pretty paranoid engineers in the high voltage/utility field :P).
Has anyone used the plans for the DIY cables, and can you make comments on
the longevity of the "normal" wires underwater??

Andrew Roberts.