[Prev][Next][Index]

"Ammania"

Hello everybody

I have a quick question about a plant that was sold to me as "Ammania".
It is a cutting plant that is reddish on the lower leaves, turning to
brown on the upper new leaves. The leaf margins are bordering on
crispulate, and are long and lanceolate. Here good plant information is a
bit difficult to fins and I was wondering what sort of conditions does
this plant really need? It is like many plants that I have got from the
local plant supplier, once you get them home they sit there for a long
time before doing anything.

To give a bit of background it is in a 120L tank with 70watts of light
from an actinic halogen lamp and a flourescent 20W. Hardness is about
100ppm, kH60ppm and the pH 7. The substrate is high iron podsolic soil
covered with gravel, fertilising is with a mixture of iron chelate that I
mix at work (no use having access to the worlds best chemistry set and not
using it), iron levels are consistently about the  .2ppm level. The other
plants in are doing well, particularly the green tiger lotus.

Thanks in advance

Peter Hughes