[Prev][Next][Index]

Flourescent fixtures

>> From: eis at alto1_altonet.com (Paul Nicholson)
>> Subject: flourescent light sockets

>> The aquarium store wants $14.00 a pair for the endcap
>> sockets. What is a good source for FL sockets and what do they cost.

Paul,

$14.00 is not that terrible.  For waterproof endcaps cheapest I've paid is
$10.00 per pair.

One mail order source is Champion.  You can contact them at Perry Tishgart/
Champion 71201.2031 at compuserve_com.  But I think his are close to the price you
are paying anyway.

Just as another option, and not meaning to sound like a Grainger salesperson,
Grainger carries flourescent fixtures for wet locations.  These have a seal and
include ballast.  They can be surface or suspended mounted.  Prices vary
depending on what you want, and they do have T8 and T12 options for 24"-96"
bulbs.  You can give them a call at 800-323-0620, these particular fixtures are
manufactured by Metalux.

Doug