[Prev][Next][Index]

UGH and what to do with the old CO2 generating fluid

Hey all,

I have a question regarding UGH (undergravel heating).  I am wondering if
anyone has tried using a waterbed heated mounted onto the bottom of a tank
to provide heating of the substrate.  The heaters are relatively expensive
and at the lowest settings They should provide adquate heating, without the
possiblity of breaking the tank.  The heaters consist of a large rubberized
pad about 2' long and 1' wide with a temperature probe that goes back into
the thermostatic control.

Anythoughts???  One the other thread I would like to add the concept of
distillation.  You could simply seperate out the nasty yeast flavors and end
up with a relatively pure alcohol product...but then again...the hard cider
idea sound pretty appealling.  If I can get the champagne yeast propogating
here...would be glad to send cultures to people :)

    John Davis (marooned in aggieland)
    Department of Biology
    http://http.tamu.edu:8000/~jmd9261
    jdavis at bio_tamu.edu