[Prev][Next][Index]

Phosphates, etc. again

I now understand the phosphates and iron thing much better than I did
before--not anywhere near completely, of course, but a number of you have
been a big help.  Now a simple, practical question:  Short of RO, what is
an inexpensive way to deal with these orthophosphates?  I am hoping someone
thinks that the AqPharm Tap Water Purifier ($25-30) would be a reasonable
solution.  If, in fact, this would be good enough, what do I need to add to
the water to replace all of the good stuff it removes (specific product
suggestions appreciated).  If not, what are my alternatives?

Dirk
Department of History
University of Iowa

Now more sensitive than ever to students who don't get basic historical
concepts and terminology.