[Prev][Next][Index]

CO2 injection/reactor

I'm still planning my next tank.  Given my budget, I have to stretch out
the planning process.

I will undoubtedly continue the DIY yeast CO2 with the next tank.  I can't
afford more at the moment, and besides, what's the big deal about mixing
sugar, water, baking soda, and yeast every so often?  AND I have nothing in
my home capable of becoming a ICBM.

I'm thinking about going with a 70 or 75 gal (suggestions welcome),
filtered with a Magnum 350 with biowheel.  Since I won't have a powerhead
anymore, I won't be able to hook my CO2 up to the air intake of the
powerhead.  My question:  if I go with bubblestones below the intake of the
Magnum, won't all the CO2 evaporate on the biowheel, with its large surface
area?  My dilemma:  I have no problem with putting together a reactor DIY
(if I can find the plans back), but I really would rather avoid something
big and ugly in my tank.

Thanks in advance,

Dirk
Department of History
University of Iowa

P.S.   If anyone has any thoughts about the Magnum 350+biowheel 60 in terms
of its adequacy for the bioload of a 70 or 75 gallon tank, I would greatly
appreciate hearing from you.  I was taught that one filter/filtration
method was never enough, so the prospect of only having this seems really
weird!