[Prev][Next][Index]

Phosphates/ Chemistry

Thanks for your response, Paul.

I'm still a little confused, I hope you'll forgive me for asking more
questions.  Given the fact that our water comes, in part, from a river that
runs through lots of farm land before arriving at the water plant (the rest
comes from a lime aquifer), I assumed that the water plant's water source
probably had phosphates in it.  You suggest that our water plant is adding
phosphates.  My questions for Paul and others:

1.  Does this mean that there may be more phosphate in our water than the
2mg/l (ppm) orthophosphate added by our water plant?

2.  Do my aquatic plants require _any_ phosphates?

3.  Do you suppose I would help my plants and/or cut down on red algae by
using something like Aq. Pharm.'s Phos Zorb in my water aging container (I
just happen to have an old power filter and some other stuff around, so I'm
sure I could rig something up).

4.  Has anyone had experience with phosphate removing products?

PLEASE!   I hope no one chooses not to respond just because they can only
answer one or two of these questions, I'm eager for any help I can get.