[Prev][Next][Index]

SAE's in Southeastern Michigan

Hey y'all,

I recently visited a store called "Pets 'n' Things" in Saline, MI which had
SAE's (correctly labeled and everything) for $1.99.  They were about 1.5
in. long, and looked pretty good.  If anyone is interested, I'll post the
address and phone number.  Don't know about mail order/shipping and such.

On a related note, I bought an Anubias Nana about three weeks ago, and the
plant was flowering in the store.  When I brought it home and put it in my
tank, my SAE's started nibbling on the flower bud and now it's nothing but
a naked stem sticking out of the plant.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any suggestions on how to prevent this?
(Maybe the SAE's aren't getting enough algae?)

OK, thanks.  that's all for now.

Steve in balmy Ann Arbor (Sunny and 16 F)

 \------------------------------------------------/
 /   Steve Robertson, GSRA                        \
 \   UofM Radiation Laboratory                    /
 /   3322 EECS Building                           \
 \   (313) 936-0183                               /
 /   svr at eecs_umich.edu                           \
 \   http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~svr/    /

"Turns out, not where but what you think that
       really matters."
                         -Dave Matthews