[Prev][Next][Index]

re: Lighting, Fertilizers, etc.

Jeff:

I've never tried laterite, but I will await answers to your questions
eagerly, as I'm planning my next tank and will soon have to decide about
lighting and substrate myself.

Owen Jeffries of _FAMA_ seems to think Schoeler Enterprises' Substrate Gold
(an artificial laterite) is the best thing for plants since sliced bread
(no, I don't think he recommends sliced bread for a substrate).  I think I
can find the address in MN if you're interested.  I think I've seen Karl
Schoeler's name somewhere on this list or on a FAQ, so perhaps he will want
to contact you directly.

I'd be interested in knowing whether anyone here has tried Substrate Gold.
I gather from Jeffries' column that its main attraction is that it is every
bit as good as Dupla laterite, but cheaper.