[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: snail-eating fish?

On Thursday, 1 February 1996, Stephen Morrison wrote:

> I`ve been using clown loaches for snail control in my 55g planted tank,
> but now they`ve grown too large (4 inches +).  Rather than trade them in
> for smaller ones every year can someone recommend another good snail
> eater that stays under say 1.5 inches or so.

My Botia lohachata has been doing a very good job of snail removal in
my little 33gal tank.  He's about 2.5" now and isn't expected to get much
larger.  Although he can't eat the larger snails, he cleans up the spawn
and the smaller snails, preventing the snail population from getting
out of hand.
--
Kevin Conlin   kcconlin at cae_ca   "We're Canadians.  We HAVE to be polite"
Finger as332 at freenet_carleton.ca for PGP public key.