[Prev][Next][Index]

Snails

I have enjoyed the sporadic discussions of Malaysian Trumpet Snails (I
wonder if the snails that came with one of my plants are MTSs), and George
Booth's FAQ on snails.  I yearn for more information--and
pictures--however.  The more I read, the more confused I get.  The FAQ, for
instance, seems to say that Mystery Snails are the same as Apple Snails,
but my favorite retailer sells both (?).  Somewhere else I read that Apple
Snails and Brown Snails were the same thing, in another that Yellow Snails
and Apple Snails were synonymous.  I also had a fatality in my mother's
pond introducing an Apple Snail (temp dropped to 50 degrees--does that kill
them?).

As you can see, I have many questions about snails.  Can anyone recommend a
good book on snails (with enough info that I can order it or get it
inter-library loan)?

Dirk
Department of History
University of Iowa